9.16.2008

Obama and McCain Health Care Plans

So I just read this op ed piece from Bob Herbert in the nytimes. It explained how McCain's plan for the health care system will eventually kill everyone (more or less). But the piece references a journal, Health Affairs, which recently had two short studies done on Obama and McCain's plans. I tried to read them but it didn't work out. Anyone want to take the time to explain to me the pros and cons of the two systems? (Josh, I'm looking at you) Or would you post a more straightforward explanation or link?

2 comments:

J said...

Check this out:
http://blogs.wsj.com/health/2008/09/16/on-health-reform-mccain-and-obama-both-fall-short/

Let me know if you still don't understand.

Paddy said...

The articles from Health Affairs are really technical, but extremely eye-opening as well. It is really good to see that someone is really talking about the issues. Would it be too much to ask each candidate to be straightforward and honest about their plans, as this article is?

Now all we need is independent research on other issues. Can anyone point me in the right direction, since I'm sure its already out there?