9.26.2008

I think McCain may have screwed himself

Everything I know about politics I learned from the West Wing. Suspending your campaign with 40 days left was never exactly covered by Bartlet. (Maybe it was. I'm only on Season 5 because the economic turmoil has frozen all of my liquid assets and I have been unable to raise capital to purchase the rest of the DVDs.) But, from what I understand about politics, it looks really bad to say you're not going to show up to the debate so you can deal with a crisis and then have everything completely backfire on you. It seemed like McCain's gamble had the possibility of paying off yesterday, but has ultimately bit him in the ass. Will the polls next week say to stick a fork in him? (Not to murder him, but because he's "done.")

1 comment:

Adam said...

This seems like a giant f-up on the part of the McCain campaign. That article was quoting people from within McCain's campaign saying that he wasn't even helping with the financial crisis. To me it made him look scared to face Obama - even though McCain keeps calling out Obama to have town hall debates and such.

Also it is strange this first debate is on a friday night - why the hell would they do that? How many millions of viewers will they lose tonight rather than on a tuesday (a horrible night for sports on cable). Friday? It is like they want us to be ignorant about who we are electing.